For our New York office we are looking for a full time Management Assistant.
About Us - NautaDutilh is a Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg) Law Firm. Our New York office works with U.S.’s most prominent Financial Institutions, Corporations, and Law Firms, while practicing the law of our European jurisdictions. Approximately 15-20 professionals work in our Rockefeller Center, New York Office location. Our culture is unique. NautaDutilh prioritizes people, and is truly a wonderful place to work.
Our Team - Our staff team members hold the title Management Assistant and they operate as a pool in fulfilling Practice Management, Attorney Support/Secretarial and Office Management and tasks. Having said that, each has their own emphasis, and for this specific position we are looking for someone with a keen interest in practice management, and in particular the process of onboarding new clients, conflict checks, know-your-customer procedures, reviewing engagement conditions and drafting engagement letters. Flexibility and teamwork is paramount to success in this role.
The Right Fit - This Management Assistant Role is perfect for someone with an understanding of law firms and business. This is an excellent opportunity for exposure to various areas, in a truly international environment. This role requires a self-starter, who can be proactive and take initiative, recognizing and leading on projects that need to be done, and capable of doing so, where possible, without being asked.
- Practice Management
- Oversee Conflict Check Procedure
- Facilitate Engagement Letter Generation and Review
- Reviewing Outside Counsel Agreements and Terms
- Understanding of Fee Quoting Process for Incoming Engagements
- Coordinate Know Your Client
- Monitoring Matter Budgets
- Attorney Support/Secretarial
- Transaction support
- Resolution – draft/revise (shareholder resolutions and board member resolutions)
- Office Management
- Manage interpretation and implementation of Covid-19 interaction and workplace guidance as per CDC
- Bachelor Degree
- 1-3 years of office experience, preferably in a legal environment
- Authorization to work in the United States (visa with EAD, green card or US Citizenship)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Dutch or French language fluency is a plus but not required
- Full Time: M-F, 9am-6pm
- Flex: In-office required, Flexible per CDC Guidance
- Location: Rockefeller Center, NY
- Salary range: Commensurate
To apply, kindly submit resume to Renate Geens at Renate.Geens@nautadutilh.com.