Dutch track record Taxation
- NautaDutilh assisted BNP Paribas in a securitisation whereby Hertz Group receivables were transferred in to an SPV. The transaction was unique in terms of size and the structure was innovative; the first of its kind in the Netherlands.
- NautaDutilh assisted ING in structuring a transaction in which debt securities were created that satisfied the conditions of the ECB. The underlying assets were mortgage loans provided by NN and RVS.
- NautaDutilh assisted Deutsche Bank in its acquisition of approximately 10% of the commercial banking activities of ABN AMRO in the Netherlands. This international transaction also comprised the acquisition of several branches of ABN AMRO, the Hollandsche Bank Unie in Rotterdam and IFN Finance (a supplying of factoring services) for a cash amount of EUR 700 million. NautaDutilh’s tax team was involved in the demerger preceding the transaction and the acquisition itself, which was completed on 1 April 2010. NautaDutilh is currently providing advice on further reorganisations.
- NautaDutilh assisted Johnson & Johnson (J&J) in its EUR 2.1 billion public bid for all regular shares in Crucell N.V. Crucell is a global biopharmaceuticals company that focuses on research and the development, production and marketing of vaccines and antibiotics for infectious diseases on a worldwide scale. Owing to our role in this particular transaction the Financial Times included NautaDutilh in its "Innovative Lawyers - Corporate" rankings.
- Together with a leading American law firm, NautaDutilh advised the European Directories Group, based in the Netherlands, on its EUR 2.1 billion restructuring; one of the biggest restructurings in Europe.
- NautaDutilh is the Dutch adviser to the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company EADS NV, a listed aerospace company based in Leiden, the Netherlands. We advised on the restructure of share-ownership, including the target 15% share purchase and the corporate governance review. NautaDutilh was also EADS' Dutch adviser in merger discussions between BAE Systems and EADS, announced in September 2012 and broken off in October 2012.
- NautaDutilh acted for the Intel Corporation in a series of agreements with ASML Holding NV to accelerate the development of the 450 mm wafer technology and Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) lithography as announced on 9 July 2012. The multi-party development programme, in which Intel is a participant, comprises a cash contribution by this party to relevant research and development work by ASML as well as a share investment to a maximum of 15% of ASML’s outstanding shares, representing a total interest of 3.3 billion euros.