Against the background of an increasingly litigious ESG landscape, it is important for clients to understand their liability and litigation risks. Their documentation and strategy should be up to standard to mitigate risks and protect the company against potential claims. This does not only pertain to business lines that have an apparent impact on our environment, but applies in general and in respect of specific projects or relationships. We can assist with this (preventative) assessment, and we are also there for our clients if they face ESG litigation or plan to bring an ESG related claim.
This is what we offer our clients:
- ESG litigation: Representation in all tiers of the judicial system, including before the Supreme Court, the European Court of Justice and in arbitration.
- ESG strategy and policy: assist with the development and drafting of ESG related policies. We can perform a deep dive into the business and industry and can act as a sparring partner in developing ESG strategy.
- Identification of litigation risks: assess potential risks, for instance relating to climate policy, climate disclosures or supply chain liabilities.
- ESG liability assessment: advice on ESG related liabilities (e.g. director liability, civil liability, criminal liability).
- Mitigation strategies: advice on mitigation strategy (including stakeholder engagement).