Back to Information Centre

Frasers Property agrees to acquire Geneba Properties through a block trade and a public offer

4/20/2017 | Deal or case news

On 15 April Geneba Properties, its controlling shareholder Catalyst and Frasers Property announced their agreement on the acquisition of Geneba Properties.

Frasers will acquire Catalyst's 86% stake in Geneba through a block trade and launch a public offer for the remaining 14% free float depositary receipts. The purchase price for Catalyst's stake is EUR 315.9 million subject to certain adjustments. NautaDutilh advised Geneba and Catalyst on the transaction.

Geneba Properties is a real estate investment company with properties in the Netherlands and Germany. The Catalyst Capital Group is a Canadian private equity firm which acquired Geneba in 2014 out of the Homburg bankruptcy. Frasers is a listed property company from Singapore. In December 2016 Geneba announced that it had decided to explore its strategic options. The agreement with Frasers resulted from a competitive auction process. Closing is conditional on regulatory and anti-trust clearance and is expected to take place in the summer.

NautaDutilh's core team consisted of Ruud Smits, Petra Zijp, Joost Kloosterman and Joppe Schoute. Other team members included Carola Houpst, Jorieke van Strijen, Silvia Gawronski, Anne Stoffels, Gwenn Korteweg, Pieter Drooge, Florine Kuiperi, Daan Hagelstein, Simone Honig, Sjoerd Panis, Jochem van Hummelen, Antonia Netiv, Laura Brummelhuis, Frans van Eerden, Roderick Watson, Laurens Hillen, Edward Rijnhout, Sjuul Jentjens, Peter de Kock, Peter Vogels, Wouter Loijson, Daniel Kuiper, Gijs van Nes, Valerie Nauta, Joyce Trebus, Amy Hays, Elias Ram and Ewoud Zweers.