On Monday 18 April 2016, NautaDutilh Avocats Luxembourg is organising a breakfast seminar during which Vincent Wellens (Partner Technology & IP Law) and his team will give an update on the newly adopted EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), highlight the most important changes triggered by the GDPR and discuss its impact on the Luxembourg financial sector.
Topics covered :
General overview of the GDPR highlighting the changes in comparison to the current legislation :
- privacy impact assessment ;
- obligation to keep a register of data processing ;
- new obligations for data processors ; and
- introduction of administrative fines.
Fields of conflict with financial regulation and how to adopt the right approach to deal with such conflicts :
- whistleblowing schemes ; and
- far-reaching obligations to collect data under financial regulations (e.g., AML, MIFID).
Potential synergies with financial sector specific obligations :
- how to assure compliance of outsourcing projects with data protection and financial regulation ;
- appointment of one single person as data protection officer and IT (security) officer ; and
- how to comply with rules on location of data storage under data protection (invalidation of the US Safe Harbor regime, new Privacy Shield) and under financial regulation (banking secrecy).
If you have any particular questions you would like us to address at the seminar, please feel free to send them in advance to email@example.com or put them forward during the seminar.
08:30 Registration and breakfast
09:00 Presentation and discussion/questions
10:30 The end
Sofitel Luxembourg Europe Hotel - 4, Rue du Fort Niedergrunewald - Plateau de Kirchberg
Please register online by 13 April 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact Katia Cassen & Emelie Marius via firstname.lastname@example.org.