Skip to main content

How can we help you?

  • Deal or case news
  • 04-05-2016

NautaDutilh assisted Bertram Capital/Paula's Choice in the sale of a majority interest in Paula's Choice to TA Associates.

In addition NautaDutilh assisted in the acquisition of 51% of the issued capital of Paula's Choice's European distributor in 2015 (undisclosed at the time) and now the acquisition of the remaining 49%. All European operations are run though the Netherlands.

Bertram Capital is a California based private equity fund. Paula's Choice is a Global online skincare/cosmetics. This asset was sold in a competitive auction process, within the background the sale and purchase of the Dutch distributor, which represented a significant part of the business. Given the nature of the business many data privacy and international retail/cross border questions arose.

The deal was signed in January 2016 and closed in March 2016. The transaction value is undisclosed.

The team assisting in the acquisition consisted of Ruud Smits, Esther Vochteloo, Sophie van Lanschot, Jacqueline van Essen, Tim Iserief and Laura Opraus.

Cookie notice

Our website only uses cookies when you play video content. Video content is streamed from YouTube, YouTube is a Google service. Our website does not use tracking cookies and/or third party cookies when you do not play video content. Please read the privacy/cookie policy for more information.