NautaDutilh becomes partner of Porta Creatio
Along with our new YICLaw programme for young innovative companies, NautaDutilh has decided to become a partner in Porta Creatio, an initiative launched by the non-profit association Dag 1 which is aimed at guiding and supporting Flemish companies active in the creative sector.*
For two years, Porta Creatio will be funded primarily by the Agentschap Ondernemen (EUR 500,000 or 80% of its total budget). The other partners in this initiative are NautaDutilh, Belfius, EY, Randstad and Subsideaal.
Twelve creative Flemish companies with growth potential founded less than 6 years ago will be selected to participate in the programme. Companies can present their project to a jury of entrepreneurs between June 2014 and April 2015.
The selected companies or entrepreneurs will receive free intensive coaching for at least 9 months by a team of experienced Flemish entrepreneurs (including Jeroen Jespers and Wim Hubrechtsen, who were both involved in the early innovative and creative years of Studio 100).
The first selected entrepreneurs are:
- Jeroen De Smet, the creator of Planza, an app to plan activities;
- Patricia Ceysens & Katarina Verhaegen, the founders of WeWatt, makers of pedal-powered office furniture;
- Karel Goetghebeur, the founder of Adolphe Sax: for the first time in many years saxophones are again manufactured under a Belgian brand name;
- Lucas Hermans, the creator of GoPin, an app for newcomers who want to know the hot spots in town;
- Olivier Pacqueu, the creator of Lunax, a new, contemporary range of fully glazed fire doors.
NautaDutilh will provide the selected entrepreneurs with legal advice and assistance, in part by granting them access to the YICLaw portal, which is specifically created for innovative growth companies.
* The Agentschap Ondernemen defines the creative sector as music, design, architecture, communications, PR/advertising, print media, plastic arts, gaming, new media, theatre, cultural heritage and the audiovisual sector.