NautaDutilh advises longstanding client Vodafone Group regarding the creation of a joint venture with Liberty Global in the Netherlands. The 50:50 joint venture would incorporate both companies’ Dutch operating businesses.
The joint venture will operate under both the Vodafone and Ziggo brands and will create a nationwide integrated communications provider with over 15 million revenue generating units. Combining Ziggo’s fiber-rich broadband network with Vodafone’s leading mobile operations will create a stronger fixed and mobile competitor in the Dutch market, delivering significant benefits for consumers, businesses and the public sector through investment in digital infrastructure and customer experience.
Deal captains of NautaDutilh's team are Piet Sippens (TMT, account manager), Leo Groothuis and Lieke van der Velden (both corporate M&A). The team further consists of Edger Kleijer, Jacqueline Clement (both corporate M&A), Marlous Schrijvers (TMT), Pieter van Drooge (corporate notarial), Chris Warner and Edward Rijnhout (both Tax)
You can read the full announcement on Vodafone's website.
Media worldwide, paid attention to the deal:
- Vodafone and Liberty to combine Dutch businesses (Financial Times)
- Vodafone, Liberty Global Merge Dutch Units to Take On KPN (Bloomberg)
- European Factors to Watch-Futures rise, Vodafone and Liberty seal deal (Reuters)
- Wat merken we van een fusie tussen Vodafone en Ziggo? (NOS)
- 'Klant Ziggo en Vodafone goedkoper uit' (RTL Nieuws)
- Vodafone en Ziggo spannen samen tegen KPN (NRC)
- Vodafone en Ziggo samen verder in Nederland (Het Financieele Dagblad)