We translate innovative commercial ideas into well-structured and legally sound products and services and supervise the drafting of related documentation. Thanks to our years of experience, we know the financial markets, product developments and the supervisory authorities like the back of our hands. We are known for our strong regulatory expertise and ranked by all major guides as Tier 1 in relation to regulatory.
Our experience in this area is broad and our services include:
- Drafting and advising on structures for investment funds;
- Drafting conditions for retail and wholesale financial products and services including mortgages, securities and investment management;
- Structuring and documenting innovative financial instruments;
- Advising on existing and newly introduced regulations;
- Resolving issues regarding securities, offsetting and netting;
- Promoting the interests of market parties in the context of national and European regulations; and
- Assisting in discussions and other proceedings with regulators regarding new products or services.
A selection of what others say
Premier regulatory department which assists Dutch and international financial institutions with complex and innovative projects, offering notable experience in payment services and insurance. "The team's appeal is that the lawyers are very well connected and possess deep insight into the Dutch regulatory environment."
Chambers Europe | 2019
NautaDutilh’s team has "a good relationship with the regulator and access to all levels" and is "proactive and provides solutions before issues become problems".
The Legal 500 | 2019
Clients praise the "excellent knowledge and practical approach" of the lawyers, who are "pleasant people to work with." Sources commend the lawyers for their "deep knowledge of fund structures and investment activities, including real estate knowledge and tax structuring".
Chambers Europe | 2018
The "highly credible" team at NautaDutilh has "very good legal and business knowledge".
The Legal 500 | 2018