Public Private ProjectsFinancing
Strategic insight with a commercial focus. Attention to detail. Rigorous efficiency. Timely implementation. That's why so many clients rely on NautaDutilh's extensive expertise in project finance.
We are globally recognised as the premier Banking & Finance law firm in the Netherlands and Belgium. We advise nearly every major bank, financial institution and regulatory body with a significant Dutch or Belgian interest. We have a keen understanding of our clients' markets, coupled with the knowledge and experience to achieve our clients' goals.
Putting deals together
NautaDutilh's outstanding reputation for successfully managing project development and financing deals is well-deserved. Our experts in project finance work as an integrated team with our specialists in areas including construction, property, tax, corporate, energy & utilities, competition, and capital markets. This integration ensures our ability to consider our clients' needs from every possible angle.
We advise on all aspects of each transaction, from conception to completion. We represent all participants, whether they may be governments, sponsors, developers, lenders, underwriters, purchasers or suppliers. NautaDutilh has been involved with some of the largest projects ever financed in the Netherlands and Belgium, most notably in the energy, railway and waste-water sectors. Our offices in New York and London strengthen our practice by providing local access to our international clients.
At NautaDutilh, we take a commercial approach to risk management across a broad spectrum of deals. We advise clients on how best to utilise the full range of equity and debt capital-raising techniques. One of our greatest strengths lies in our close relationships with other leading project finance law firms, which enables us to take the lead in managing substantial multi-party cross-border transactions.
- Acted as Dutch counsel for Mitsui & Co. to create a USD $650 million high-tech structure removing the construction and repayment risk from an Indonesian project by relocating these risks to an offshore Dutch SPV. Winner of the Asian Pacific Petrochemicals Deal of the Year Award in 2004.
- Served as lead counsel for the Netherlands Ministry of Finance in a €170m renovation of its offices in the Hague. Drafted and advised on the procurement documents and the DBFMO (Design - Build – Finance - Operate and Maintain) contract.
- Advised Cofinnimmo in the construction and lease of the €280m Antwerp court house of the Belgian State in accordance with ESR 95 rules.
- Advised lenders on the USD $103 million sale by General Electric Company and TransCanada Corporation of their interest in Capital Indonesia Power I CV to Tokyo Electric Power Company International Paiton II B.V.
- The High Speed Rail Link in the Netherlands (HSL-Zuid), including the related DBFMO infra-provider contract.