ESG Due Diligence provides an overview of how the target’s ESG performance rates against the applicable legal framework, including future regulation and soft law. Our ESG Due Diligence is aimed at determining whether, from a legal perspective, the target company is subject to ESG-related risks. It covers the E, the S and the G; enabling companies to include non-financial considerations and legal implications in their decision making.
Our team of experts can:
- Assess the target’s ESG policy
- Review liability and reputation risks resulting from ESG non-compliance, human rights infringements, and climate change mitigation measures
- Assess the extent to which the board weighs non-financial considerations in investment decisions
- Advise on integrity risk management, including anti-money laundering (AML) compliance, corruption, internal processes, safe working environment, harassment, social risks and other elements regarding supply chain management
- Review non-financial disclosures and associated risks around (potential) greenwashing and misleading ESG claims