Sybren de Beurs is a partner at the Corporate M&A practice of NautaDutilh's Amsterdam office. He focusses his practice primarily on public and private cross-border deals and venture capital funding and has a sector specific focus on the tech and life sciences industry. Sybren develops multifaceted bespoke solutions to client challenges by leveraging a wide breadth of experience in M&A, a pragmatic approach and a solid business sense.
Sybren has been involved in assisting:
- Mylan's USD 22 bn merger with Pfizer division Upjohn
- NASDAQ on its auction sale of BWise
- Arvelle Therapeutics Series A financing up to USD and inlicensing from SK Biopharmaceuticals with an upfront payment of USD 100 million with a future milestone potential of up to USD 430
- Binck Bank on Saxo Bank's recommended public offer
- Docdata on the disposal of its entire business by a coordinated simultaneous sale of both its businesses valued around EUR 200 million
- Incyte on its EUR 300 million PIPE transaction and collaboration agreement with Merus
- FairPhone as company counsel and on its Series C financing of around EUR 20 million
- Siemens Healthineers on its strategical Series A investment in Screenpoint Medical
- J&J Innovation on its investment in Biogeneration Ventures Fund
- VarmX on its Series A investment round
- Groupe Casino on the spin-off of Cnova's Brazilian ecommerce business towards its JV partner Via Varejo and related exit offer to Cnova's minority shareholders
- Blackline on its USD 31 million acquisition of Runbook
What others say
Clients say "Sybren de Beurs is an outstanding lawyer, highly capable and reliable, with a very good understanding of the local and international VC, PE and M&A market, and the ins and outs of a company alike. He has been an excellent advisor to our company throughout multiple deals, and we retained his services for VC and M&A projects alike. Sybren has been instrumental for the successful closure of the deals and for helping the company scale successfully through these important stages. Besides having an in-depth knowledge of his area of practice, Sybren also has a good understanding of sustainable corporate governance and anchoring impact in investment documentation. He is a great team-player, easy and pleasant to work with" (The Legal500, 2022).