Pedro Paraguay specialises in cross-border corporate tax planning and tax advice, with a specific focus on Latin America. He was raised and educated in Sao Paulo, Brazil, where he worked as a tax lawyer (also a Brazilian qualified lawyer) before relocating to the Netherlands.
Pedro is currently based at our New York office. Prior to this, he worked in the Amsterdam office of NautaDutilh for 10 years.
Pedro has a proven track-record in complex cross-border transactions for Latin America companies venturing into Europe, and he has assisted many European and U.S. companies in relation to their investment in Brazil and Latin America. Typical transactions include structure finance and debt issuance though the Netherlands, setting up acquisition and financing structures, advising on joint ventures and legal mergers, setting up fund structures and Dutch IPOs.
- Louis Dreyfus Company B.V. on the group’s restructuring for the sale of a 45% equity stake to Abu Dhabi-based ADQ
- Sonae Sierra with legal advice and implementation of the combination of Sonae Sierra Brasil (B3: SSBR3) and Aliansce Shopping Centers (B3: ALSC3) that resulted in the largest Brazilian shopping center company, Aliansce Sonae Shopping Centers SA (B3: ALSC3)
- the NASDAQ IPOs of several entities (including InflaRx, pharvaris, trivago, sono motors)
- Cnova (EPA: CNV), an e-commerce global player resulting from combining Casino's business of Cdiscount in France, Colombia and Asia with Nova Pontocom in Brazil (a company jointly held by GPA and ViaVarejo)
- Braskem Netherlands and other group companies based in the Netherlands on the set-up of their legal and governance structure in the Netherlands
- Petrobras with continuing legal and tax advice to Dutch entities of the group, including recent USD 3.25 billion SEC-registered high-yield notes offering
More about Pedro
Pedro is fluent in Portuguese, Dutch, Spanish and English.