Jacqueline Clement Partner
Jacqueline Clement is a partner in our Corporate M&A department with a particular focus on the financial sector and financial institution clients. She advises clients on private M&A transactions, including acquisitions, divestments, joint ventures and domestic and cross border mergers. Jacqueline regularly teams up with NautaDutilh's securitisation and regulatory teams.
Notable recent matters include representing:
- ABN AMRO on (i) its divestment of ABN AMRO Escrow & Settlement Business to Intertrust and (ii) the acquisition of the private banking business of Société Générale;
- a.s.r. on (i) the winding down of a.s.r. Bank, including the sale of part of its banking activities (saving deposits) to Achmea Bank and the portfolio transfer of its investment accounts to Van Lanschot Kempen and (ii) the acquisition of Generali Netherlands;
- De Goudse on the acquisition of Leidsche Verzekering Maatschappij N.V.;
- Liberty Mutual Insurance on the Dutch and Belgian aspects of the acquisition of the domestic and international surety and credit reinsurance operations of Amtrust Financial Services Inc.; and
- Lombard Odier (Europe) on the sale of its Dutch private banking business to InsingerGillisen.
- HAL on its acquisitions of 60% of the shares in GreenV B.V. (‘Stolze’) and 24% of the shares in PD Greenhouse Beheer B.V. (‘Prins Group’);
- RTL Group on the proposed merger between RTL Nederland and Talpa Network; and
- Vodafone on its joint venture with Liberty Global in respect of their Dutch operations.
What others say
Jacqueline is mentioned as ‘Rising Star’ in the in the 2022 edition of The Legal 500’s EMEA guide.
More about Jacqueline
In 2021, Jacqueline was seconded as a legal counsel to the holding company of an international industrial conglomerate. In 2016 and 2017, Jacqueline worked at NautaDutilh's New York office.
Jacqueline completed the 'Mergers & Acquisitions' postgraduate specialisation programme at the VU University Amsterdam in 2018 (cum laude) and graduated from the Faculty of Law of Maastricht University in 2012 (cum laude). Jacqueline is admitted to the Amsterdam Bar.