Gaike specialises in corporate and securities law, with a particular focus on domestic and international private equity. He has wide experience in cross-border mergers, acquisitions, capital markets and restructuring transactions, acting for corporate clients, private equity and venture capital sponsors with a particular focus on technology, circularity, the energy transition and the chemicals sector. Gaike joined NautaDutilh in 1995. He served as managing partner of the firm for several years and spent nearly three years at the firm's former offices in Singapore and Jakarta. He also served as managing partner of our London office for five years.
Gaike graduated from the University of Groningen in 1995 and has completed post-doctorate programmes in corporate law and securities law (cum laude).
- Bain Capital's acquisition of DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals
- Toray’s acquisition of TenCate Advanced Composites
- Acting for the investors in the Series B funding of Dutch e-bike firm VanMoof
- Apax's investment in Expereo and subsequent bold-on transaction of Globalinternet
- Supporting Royal Vopak with its venture capital investments
- Regular counsel to Dutch chemicals multinational Nouryon
- Intel Capital‘s EUR 3,3 billion equity investment in ASML and its investment in HERE (Audi, BMW and Daimler Technology-JV)
- The acquisition of the Formula One race track Circuit Park Zandvoort in the Netherlands
- The merger of KLM and Air France.
What others say
- Gaike is rated as "Notable practitioner" in the 2021 edition of the IFLR1000 and "Eminent practitioner" by Chambers Europe in 2018 and 2017.
- Who's Who Legal ranked Gaike as a "Global Leader" in M&A in 2020.
- He is described as "very smart, commercial and extremely responsive" (Chambers Europe, 2016).
- Clients appreciate Gaike Dalenoord's UK-based experience in private equity and venture capital. Sources say: "He is very straightforward and answers your questions in a pragmatic way. He really cares about what you're trying to achieve." (Chambers, 2015)
More about Gaike
Next to co-heading the firm's private equity team, Gaike is founding father of the Legal Process Scan, a consultancy product developed to assist legal departments in remaining fit for the future. The Legal Process Scan is 'highly commended' in the Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Report 2017
As a person Gaike is inspired by the topic of neurodiversity and the importance of a safe and cognitive workplace which facilitates the development, sharing and application of thoughts, ideas and knowledge stored in our individual minds.
Thanks to his living and working in Singapore and Jakarta in the nineties and in London, as well as working with numerous cross-Atlantic clients and lawfirms, he understands local habits and cultural differences very well. He knows his way around Asian cultures and business habits, in particular in Japan, India and Indonesia. He is co-heading the firm's India and Japan Desks.