Pierre De Pauw is a counsel with the firm and a member of NautaDutilh's Financial Services Regulation Team. He specialises in banking and finance as well as corporate and securities law, with a particular focus on the regulatory aspects of banking and financial services, M&A in the financial sector, clearing and settlement systems and financial litigation.
Pierre advises Belgian and foreign financial institutions, including banks, insurance and reinsurance companies, investment firms, payment and e-money institutions, funds and CSDs, in both domestic and cross-border transactions. He assists clients with all aspects of prudential supervision, including licensing applications, corporate governance matters, compliance, crisis management and dealings with the regulators.
Pierre joined NautaDutilh in 2013.
Recent matters in which Pierre played a leading role include:
- Providing legal advice to financial institutions in connection with the launch of new products and services, prudential supervision and the impact of new legislation (e.g. CSDR, CRD/CRR, EMIR and MiFID);
- Advising several Belgian credit institutions and insurance undertakings on governance matters (including crisis management and dealings with the regulators);
- Advising Liberty Mutual Insurance on the Belgian aspects of the acquisition of the domestic and international surety and credit reinsurance operations of AmTrust Financial Services Inc.;
- Representing various financial institutions in AML proceedings (including proceedings initiated by the sanctions committee of the National Bank of Belgium); and
- Assisting ABN AMRO with its acquisition of the Belgian private banking business of Société Générale and the sale of its Moneyou portfolio of savings accounts.
What others say
Pierre is recognized by The Legal 500 (2021 edition) as a 'Rising Star' in the field of regulatory financial services in Belgium and is considered by his clients as being 'very efficient and knowledgeable'.
More about Pierre
Pierre received his master's degree in law from the Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) in 2012 and earned an LLM in European Economic and Financial Law from KU Leuven (KUL) in 2013. During his studies, he participated in the Erasmus Belgica programme at the University of Antwerp and in the International Business Law LLM course at Birmingham City University (United Kingdom) in the framework of the Erasmus exchange programme.
Pierre is admitted to the Brussels Bar. He has been a teaching assistant in corporate law at the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) and publishes regularly on selected topics of financial law.
He was seconded to Euroclear UK & Ireland in London for the first half of 2018.