Michelle van Doren is a member of NautaDutilh's Finance Department. She advises both lenders and borrowers on a wide range of finance transactions, including acquisition finance, restructuring and insolvency, and asset based lending.
After joining NautaDutilh, Michelle spent five months' as legal secondee at Deutsche Bank AG's Leveraged Finance Team where she gained valuable insight into the financial services industry, specifically Dutch leveraged buyouts and private equity market. Michelle also has litigation experience from her time in the firm's Financial Litigation Department. Michelle is currently working in NautaDutilh's New York office where she advises her clients on the Dutch law aspects of US originated finance transactions. She was raised in Germany and is fluent in German, English, and Dutch.
Notable recent transactions include representing:
- JPMorgan in a $4.5 billion credit facility for Mondelez;
- Global PE investment firm H.I.G. Capital in its acquisition of Estro (the largest Dutch childcare operator) through pre-pack insolvency proceedings;
- A group of secured lenders in connection with the (re)financing and restructuring of their €650 million debt facility with the German car park business Apcoa;
- American real estate company CBRE on its (re)financings and restructurings of its Dutch funds;
- ForFarmers Group in its new €300 million multi-currency revolving credit facility.
Michelle received her Master's law degree from Maastricht University in 2012 (with highest honors). She is admitted to the Amsterdam Bar.