Frans van der Eerden is a partner in the Banking & Finance Group of NautaDutilh.
Frans advises domestic and international banks, insurance companies and investment funds on regulatory law and the implementation of new regulations such as CRR, Solvency II, MiFID II, PRIIPs, PSD2, IDD and EMIR.
Frans is particularly specialised in capital requirements for banks and insurance companies, mortgage loan regulation, fund structuring and payment services.
Frans regularly publishes and teaches on aspects of financial supervision. Frans is author of the ISDA opinions for the Netherlands, including the Collateral Opinion and the ISDA Cleared Opinion, as well as of the ICMA/ISLA Opinions for the Netherlands.
Frans recently assisted innovative financial institutions with the establishment of their Dutch EU27 entity. These include:
- Takeaway.com Payments: a payment service provider that is part of the European home delivery platform group Takeaway.com;
- The Norinchukin Bank: a leading Japanese bank that opened a Dutch subsidiary bank in the Netherlands;
- UK P&I Club/Thomas Miller: one of world’s largest maritime insurance company that opened its EU27 hub in Rotterdam; and
- Wex Europe: a global payment institution with its application for an e-money license in the Netherlands;
- XE Europe with the application of a license as a payment institution in the Netherlands;
- World First Netherlands with the application of an e-money license;
Frans assists Geldmaat (formerly GSN) and the three largest Dutch banks (ING, Rabobank and ABN AMRO) with the implementation of Cash2020, a project that involves the substitution of all single bank ATMs of these banks in the Netherlands with co-owned single label and single operation ATMs, thereby transforming the handling of cash in the Netherlands. In addition, Frans advises Syntrus Achmea, ASR, DMFCO, Dynamic Credit and a number of other mortgage firms on various regulatory aspects of their innovative mortgage loan platforms.
Clients of Frans' also include Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, Credit Suisse, HSBC and MUFG.
Frans is recognized as leading individual in The Legal 500. Clients commented;
‘Frans van der Eerden is an excellent adviser who takes a lot of effort to pro-actively approach his clients and to stay involved with them. He cares!‘