Jeanine Evertse is a senior associate in the Corporate and M&A practice of NautaDutilh's New York office. She advises Dutch and international clients on a variety of M&A transactions. She focuses primarily on private equity investments, venture capital investments and minority investments, with specific emphasis on the life sciences and technology sectors.
As a Dutch lawyer in New York, Jeanine has in-depth experience with advising on Dutch law aspects in US originated transactions, and in-depth knowledge of the US M&A market. She has the expertise to make US deals with Dutch entities go smoothly and to represent US clients without the disconnects that easily occur when bridging continents and legal systems.
Representative experience includes advising:
- Vista Equity Partners' portfolio company Bullhorn on its acquisition of Connexys;
- Vista Equity Partners' portfolio company JAMF on its acquisition of ZuluDesk;
- Vista Equity Partners' portfolio company Mediaocean on its acquisition of Symsys Software;
- TPG's The Rise Fund on its USD 200m investment in Airtel Africa;
- Leonard Green & Partners on its acquisition of ECI Software;
- Emburse (backed by K1 Investment Management) on its acquisition of Roadmap;
- Ginkgo Bioworks on its acquisition of Dutch DNA Biotech;
- Norwest Partners on the USD 40m Series B financing of VANMOOF;
- Forbion on the USD 62.5m Series A financing of Prilenia Therapeutics;
- Novo Holdings on the EUR 22m Series A financing of The Protein Brewery;
- The investors consortium including Novo Holdings on the USD 83m Series C financing of LAVA Therapeutics; and
- SIGNA Group on the formation of a joint venture with Hudson’s Bay Company.
Jeanine obtained her Master's degree in Dutch Corporate Law and Dutch Employment Law from Erasmus University Rotterdam in 2014. Following graduation she began her career at NautaDutilh in the Rotterdam office. Since January 2020, Jeanine has been based in NautaDutilh's New York office.