Leo Groothuis is one of the veterans in NautaDutilh’s Corporate / M&A group. He advises the firm’s clients on public M&A deals and on a wide variety of other domestic and cross-border transactions, such as private share and asset acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, IPOs, inversions and other corporate restructurings, as well as take-over defenses and shareholder activism.
In 2019 Leo won the Best M&A Lawyer Award. Nominees and winners of this award are elected annually by the most active investors, CFOs, M&A directors and advisors in the Netherlands. They recognize his professional skills by annually nominating Leo as Best Lawyer since 2008.
Recent transactions in which Leo was involved include:
- Representing Mylan N.V. on its merger with Pfizer's spin-off Upjohn;
- HAL's sale of its 76.72% ownership interest in GrandVision N.V.;
- Advising the board of Takeaway.com on its £ 6 bn all-share offer for Just Eat plc.;
- Advising Banijay Group to acquire Endemol Shine Group;
- Representing the major shareholders of Peugeot (PSA) in its merger of equals with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.
Leo is regularly invited to teach at post-graduate courses or to present at domestic and international conferences.
According to Chambers & partners, "one interviewee asserts Leo is one of the best strategic partners in the Dutch market. He is able to come up with creative solutions."