Sjuul Jentjens is a tax lawyer in the New York office. His practice has a transactional focus. He specializes in the tax aspects of public and private M&A transactions, including public offers, private equity structuring, joint venture formation, corporate reorganizations, investments in start-ups and scale-ups, management participations and employee incentive plans. In addition, Sjuul advises on the tax aspects of financing transactions, including acquisition finance, debt/equity offerings, and listings on Dutch and foreign securities exchanges. He frequently works on cross-border transactions involving US entities.
Recent work highlights include being on the team that advised:
- Uber Technologies on the creation of a joint venture with Yandex;
- Thermo Fisher Scientific on its public offer for Patheon;
- Toray Industries on its acquisition of TenCate's Advanced Composites division;
- Vodafone on the sale of its fixed-line business to T-Mobile; and
- PZEM (formerly known as DELTA) on the sale of its retail business to EQT and its network activities to Stedin.
For more recent (disclosed) M&A transactions, please visit Sjuul's profile on MENA.
Sjuul is admitted to the Amsterdam Bar and the Dutch Association of Tax Advisers (NOB), and is a member of the American Bar Association (ABA). He obtained an LLM degree in International and European law from the University of Amsterdam and an MSc degree in Tax Economics from Tilburg University (cum laude), both in 2014. He joined NautaDutilh in the same year.