Harm Kerstholt, based in New York as of July 1, 2016, is a partner in the corporate practice of NautaDutilh. Harm is a Netherlands transactional lawyer with over 15 years of experience, often working together with international law firms, on domestic and cross border deals and projects, restructurings and other commercial ventures. Before moving to the New York office, for more than 10 years Harm headed the team within the NautaDutilh corporate practice that focuses on the Energy & Natural Resources industry.
The team is known for its market-leading transactional capabilities according to the 2016 edition of the prestigious Chambers & Partners European legal guide. Harm is responsible for the Netherlands corporate practice of NautaDutilh's New York office and advises clients on Netherlands law and Netherlands Caribbean Law aspects in US originated and/or coordinated cross border transactions and restructurings, as well as helping our Benelux domestic clients with finding suitable counsel for their business in the US, Canada, Central and South America. The New York corporate team of NautaDutilh works closely with US and other international law firms on cross border M&A, joint ventures, capital market transactions, corporate and tax structuring, as well as other legal aspects of doing business in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
Recent mandates in which the New York corporate team was involved include:
- Acerta Pharma B.V. with the sale of 55% of the entire issued share capital of Acerta to AstraZeneca for unconditional payments of USD 4 billion
- Complete Innovations / Fleet Complete on its acquisition of ITmobile
- Dezima Pharma in its USD 1.5 billion acquisition by Amgen
- Sungevity in its acquisition of solar panel marketeer Zonline
- InterGen on the relocation of its European headquarter and the restructuring of its power plant interests in the Netherlands
- AerCap in its USD 5 billion acquisition of ILFC from American International Group, Inc.
- Playa Hotels & Resorts B.V. in various transactions totaling USD 1.4 billion
- Amazon.com in its acquisition of Liquavista B.V. from Samsung
Harm graduated from Groningen University in 1998. He joined NautaDutilh in 2001 and became partner in 2006. He is a prominent and well-connected transactional lawyer. In the leading legal guides, Harm is lauded by his peers as "an excellent guy" (Chambers; 2016) and recommended for his "huge experience and fully up-to-date- knowledge" (Legal 500; 2016).