Antoine Laniez is a partner with NautaDutilh and head of the Luxembourg Litigation & Arbitration practice. He represents a wide range of institutional clients in complex arbitration and litigation in the areas of commercial, corporate and insolvency law. Antoine has an impressive track record in cross-border recognition and enforcement proceedings, in particular cases involving sovereign states. He also supervises a dedicated employment team, which focuses on Luxembourg and European corporate labour law.
- Representing two Moldovan investors in proceedings to enforce a more than USD 500 million arbitral award against a Central Asian country, resulting in a multimillion-euro asset freeze.
- Representing Leidos, Inc. in successful recognition and enforcement proceedings for a USD 50 million ICC arbitral award against an EU Member State.
- Representing a multinational bank in complex insolvency-related litigation in Luxembourg.
- Representing a majority shareholder in complex corporate disputes before various Luxembourg courts and in LCIA arbitration.
- Representing a major insurance company in Cepani arbitration relating to a construction dispute.
- Representing a subsidiary of GE Capital in complex litigation before the Luxembourg courts.
- Representing one of the largest employers of Luxembourg in a sizeable commercial litigation against a former client.
What others say
- "Antoine Laniez is all-round, an excellent technical lawyer and provides a terrific client service." (The Legal 500, 2022).
- "Antoine is very customer-oriented, clear in his evaluation of the case and our chances, and straightforward in the strategy." (Chambers EMEA, 2022).
- Future leader in arbitration (Who's Who Legal, 2020,2021,2022).
More about Antoine
Antoine studied private and criminal law at the University of Toulouse and holds a master's degree in European law from the University of Bourgogne - Franche-Comté. During his studies, he took part in the Erasmus exchange programme in the Netherlands (2003). He also holds an LL.M. (DESS) in European litigation from the Universities of Nancy, Strasbourg and Luxembourg (2005). Antoine has over 15 years' experience as a lawyer in Luxembourg. He was admitted to the Luxembourg bar in 2006 and to the French bar in 2013 (non-practicing). He qualified as a solicitor of the senior courts of England and Wales in 2011 (non-practicing). Antoine is fluent in French and English and proficient in Spanish.
Antoine was a lecturer on the law faculty of the University of Lorraine for several years and is now a guest lecturer on international arbitration at the University of Luxembourg. He is a regular speaker at international conferences and seminars and a frequent contributor to litigation and arbitration publications in Luxembourg. Antoine is a member of the Comité Français de l'Arbitrage (CFA) and a board member of the Luxembourg Arbitration Association.