Sophie van Lanschot is a candidate civil law notary and is a member of NautaDutilh's Corporate and M&A Department. She specializes in general and notarial corporate law. Her practice encompasses a wide range of domestic and cross-border corporate (re)structurings, (de-)mergers and acquisitions, employee participation plans, joint ventures and corporate governance advice. Sophie advises clients from a broad spectrum of industries, including private equity firms and family owned businesses.
From March 2016 through February 2017, Sophie was the resident candidate civil law notary in NautaDutilh's New York office where she advised on a variety of matters, including corporate governance and finance transactions. During that time, Sophie regularly worked across practice areas which allowed her to gain a new perspective on US coordinated corporate M&A and finance transactions.
Notable recent transactions include representing:
- Playa Hotels & Resorts in its business combination with Pace Holdings Corp.
- Charlesbank Capital Partners in its acquisition of the largest global supplier of promotional products, Polyconcept.
- Kester Capital in its investment in Factory CRO, a medical device company.
- NPM Capital N.V. in its acquisition of 70% majority interest in Iddink Services, a provider of digital textbooks and teaching materials for secondary schools.
- Insight Venture Partners in its Series A financing investment of approximately €20 million in marketing software developer, Bynder.
Sophie graduated from the University of Utrecht in 2011 with a degree in notarial law and joined NautaDutilh in the same year.