Sophie van Lanschot is a candidate civil-law notary in the Corporate/M&A department and a member of the firm’s Private Equity sector team. She has an all-round corporate and notarial practice, focusing mainly on M&A transactions, national and cross-border restructurings and management incentive plans.
Notable recent matters include advising:
- NPM Capital NV on the acquisition of a majority stake in Infinitas Learning, a key European provider of innovative learning and education products and services;
- Eteck Energie, the largest sustainable provider of heating and cooling systems in the Netherlands, on a EUR 225 million financing deal and related restructuring;
- HAL Investments on the acquisition of a minority stake in Prodrive Technologies, a Dutch company active in the research, development and manufacture of high-tech electronics, software and mechatronic products and systems;
- RTL Group, a European operator of commercial radio and television stations, on its envisaged merger with Talpa Network;
- NPM Capital NV on the sale of HAK, one of the largest fruit and vegetable processing companies in Northern Europe, to KDV Group;
- C. Steinweg Group on the sale of Rotterdam Short Sea Terminals, Europe’s largest hub for dedicated short sea shipping, to Blue Ocean Capital and Crestline Investors;
- the shareholders of Koninklijke CSK, a Dutch dairy company, on the sale of their 100% stake to Koninklijke DSM for EUR 150 million; and
- NPM Capital NV and Groendus on the acquisition of majority stakes in Greenspread, Solaris Industria and Energiemeetbedrijf 2020.
More about Sophie
Sophie graduated from Utrecht University in 2011 with a degree in notarial law and joined NautaDutilh in September of that year. In 2016 and 2017, Sophie was the candidate civil-law notary in residence at NautaDutilh's New York office, where she advised on a wide range of matters, including corporate governance and M&A and finance transactions. In 2018, Sophie completed the Mergers & Acquisitions course at the VU Law Academy of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.