Paul Olden specialises in corporate and securities (multi party) litigation, including M&A litigation, shareholder disputes, minority shareholder squeeze-out proceedings, directors' liability disputes and inquiry proceedings before the Enterprise Court of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal. He advises on deal structures with a view to minimizing litigation risks. His expertise also includes internal investigations.
- Cygne, in ICC-arbitration and in summary proceedings against COFCO about the acquisition of Nidera;
- CRH, in Enterprise Court proceedings initiated by Bricorama, about the sale of Van Neerbos Groep (Gamma, Karwei);
- PZEM in a number of proceedings against former joint-venture partner S'Energy;
- BumaStemra, in an internal investigation;
- ADS Securities, in Enterprise Court proceedings against Lars Windhorst's Sapinda;
- Soccer Club ADO Den Haag, in Enterprise Court proceedings against its majority shareholder;
- Mylan, while successfully fending off Teva's hostile offer;
- Dockwise, while making her bid for Fairstar and in litigation against former management;
- DELTA, in litigation about the contemplated sale by Essent of its stake in the only Dutch nuclear plant Borssele to RWE;
- ArcelorMittal, in litigation against certain hedge funds about the terms of ArcelorMittal's cross-border merger;
- Randstad/Vedior, in connection with a global settlement under the WCAM;
- ABN AMRO, in the Enterprise Court proceedings initiated by the small shareholders' pressure group VEB and the Labour Unions regarding the sale of LaSalle and the RBS Consortium's bid;
- Mittal Steel, in summary proceedings against ThyssenKrupp in connection with Mittal Steel's bid for Arcelor;
- the Special Committee of Versatel, after the bid of Tele2;
- The Municipality of Amsterdam, in a dispute in connection with its shareholding in Schiphol Airport;
- Air France in proceedings surrounding its bid for KLM.
Paul graduated in 1995 from Leiden University, became an attorney in 1995, joined NautaDutilh in April 2003 and became a partner on 1 January 2006. He is a CEDR Accredited Mediator.
Paul regularly teaches and publishes on corporate law matters.
Paul is ranked in Chambers Global Guide and Legal500. Paul is praised by one client as "extremely knowledgeable and fun to work with". And: "a very strong litigator, and good to work with even on the opposite side." And: "Highly intelligent, very well prepared and an extremely good listener." And: "Sharp as a razor."