Paul Olden Partner
Paul Olden specialises in corporate and securities (multi party) litigation, including M&A litigation, shareholder disputes, minority shareholder squeeze-out proceedings, directors' liability disputes and inquiry proceedings before the Enterprise Court of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal. He advises on deal structures with a view to minimizing litigation risks. His expertise also includes internal investigations.
- Cygne, in ICC-arbitration and in summary proceedings against COFCO about the acquisition of Nidera;
- CRH, in Enterprise Court proceedings initiated by Bricorama, about the sale of Van Neerbos Groep (Gamma, Karwei);
- PZEM in a number of proceedings against former joint-venture partner S'Energy;
- BumaStemra, in an internal investigation;
- ADS Securities, in Enterprise Court proceedings against Lars Windhorst's Sapinda;
- Soccer Club ADO Den Haag, in Enterprise Court proceedings against its majority shareholder;
- Mylan, while successfully fending off Teva's hostile offer;
- Dockwise, while making her bid for Fairstar and in litigation against former management;
- DELTA, in litigation about the contemplated sale by Essent of its stake in the only Dutch nuclear plant Borssele to RWE;
- ArcelorMittal, in litigation against certain hedge funds about the terms of ArcelorMittal's cross-border merger;
- Randstad/Vedior, in connection with a global settlement under the WCAM;
- ABN AMRO, in the Enterprise Court proceedings initiated by the small shareholders' pressure group VEB and the Labour Unions regarding the sale of LaSalle and the RBS Consortium's bid;
- Mittal Steel, in summary proceedings against ThyssenKrupp in connection with Mittal Steel's bid for Arcelor;
- the Special Committee of Versatel, after the bid of Tele2;
- The Municipality of Amsterdam, in a dispute in connection with its shareholding in Schiphol Airport;
- Air France in proceedings surrounding its bid for KLM.
Paul graduated in 1995 from Leiden University, became an attorney in 1995, joined NautaDutilh in April 2003 and became a partner on 1 January 2006. He is a CEDR Accredited Mediator.
Paul regularly teaches and publishes on corporate law matters.