Marc Orval is a Partner in the firm’s Finance department and the Restructuring & Insolvency group based in Amsterdam. He has extensive experience in debt restructurings and special situations / leveraged financings. Marc is "strong on documentation and structuring" and "has a good business sense", clients say (IFLR 2019).
Having spent five years in London as the firm’s co-head of the London office, Marc enjoys making easy the complexity of cross-border and international deals. He is ‘Up & Coming’ in Chambers Europe (2021) rankings on the back of positive client feedback:
- “a very good overall sense of any given deal and manages things very calmly and effectively”
- “to have a cool, calm head like Marc Orval is a major advantage”
Recent deals include:
- Curaeos - advising the senior lenders on the financial restructuring of Curaeos, a network of dental clinics and labs in continental Europe
- Selecta - advising the noteholders and lenders on the recapitalisation of the Selecta group, which was implemented through a scheme of arrangement procedure under the U.K. Companies Act 2006 at the High Court in London;
- Royal IHC - advising a syndicate of banks in the restructuring of the Royal IHC group;
Marc graduated in 2007 from Radboud University Nijmegen and joined Nauta in 2012 after having spent a few years at another international law firm. He was seconded to ABN AMRO's Financial Restructuring & Recovery's team for seven months in 2013 and completed the post-graduate INSOLAD/Grotius course cum laude in 2014. Marc was named partner in the London office in 2017.