Marieke Pols works at the Corporate M&A department. She specialises in corporate law and advises Dutch and international clients on national and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, venture capital and joint ventures. She also advises on general contractual and commercial law matters as well as corporate governance matters. She is a member of NautaDutilh’s life sciences team and tech team and has a special focus on venture capital.
Marieke graduated from Leiden University in 2015 in civil law and corporate law and completed the VU Law Academy specialisation course Corporate M&A - Law, finance and skills (with honours) in 2019.
Marieke represented the following parties:
- Bluebee on its acquisition by Illumina;
- Airbnb on its investment in Tiqets;
- Northsea’s Series B-round;
- Getinge on its acquisition of Applikon Biotechnology;
- Vopak Ventures, on numerous investments in tech-driven start-ups;
- Nasdaq on its auction sale of Bwise;
- Uber’s sale of its South-East Asian UberEATS-business to Grab;
- Fairphone on its Series A-round and crowdfunding campaign;
- Inkef on its investments in Calypso Biotechnology and iOnctura;
- Smile Invest on its acquisition of Oldelft Ultrasound
- Johnson & Johnson on its acquisition of Innovalens;
- Fysicon, on its acquisition by Canon Medical Systems Corporation;
- Venn Partners on its joint venture with Nationale Nederlanden Investment Partners;