Lieke van der Velden is managing partner at our firm, together with Sjoerd Meijer and Chris Warner. As Corporate M&A partner, she advises international and domestic clients on corporate transactions such as mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures. Her practice focusses on private equity and the financial sector.
Representative transactions include advising:
- the State of the Netherlands on the sale of Propertize, the previous real estate finance branch of SNS Bank;
- Vodafone on its joint venture with Liberty Global in respect of their Dutch operations;
- Nidera and its shareholder Cygne in the sale of Nidera Capital B.V. to the largest Chinese grain trader CofCo Corporation;
- ABN AMRO on its acquisition of the Belgian private banking business of Société Générale;
- De Hoge Dennen (a Dutch family office) on its sale of e-traction to Chinese strategic buyer Tanhas;
- Apollo Global Management on multiple transactions, including several NPL deals.
Chambers quotes: "She is pragmatic, reactive and has a good business sense." "Very impressive, I sing her praise." "A seasoned practitioner who can offer outstanding regulatory advice." Lieke joined NautaDutilh in in 1995, the year she graduated from Utrecht University. She obtained a post-graduate degree in securities law (cum laude). In 1999 Lieke was seconded to Slaughter and May.