She applies this combined knowledge to the drafting of license agreements, research collaboration, technology transfer, distribution, manufacturing and consortia agreements in the context of funded collaborative research. Her clients range from innovative companies and start-ups to large multinationals and research centres, particularly in the life sciences, food and consumer goods sectors.
What others say
- Chambers Europe 2023: 'Florence was able to perceive the counterparty's perspective, which helped in developing an effective strategy.'; 'She can quickly help us out with expert advice that is to the point and adapted to our situation.'
- The Legal 500 2023: ‘Florence Verhoestraete is very knowledgeable and is always available for excellent advice on contracts. The advice is always pragmatic, to the point, and adjusted to the specific needs and concerns of the client.’
- World Trademark Review 2023: 'Florence has a fierce reputation for trademark litigation and is someone you want to have on your side in any dispute. She handles some of the most complex work in the country and never fails to wow. Her mastery of the law is well balanced with a commercial edge, and she is truly a client’s dream.'
- Included in IAM Global Leaders list 2024, 2023 and 2022 (patents)
- IAM Patent 1000 2023: 'The solutions-oriented Florence Verhoestraete resolves disputes for the long term, rather than just fighting them. She earns praise from one esteemed peer for “always being a pleasure to work with. Florence allows a real discussion to be had and forges respectful relationships with opposing counsel.”'
- Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars - Trade mark star 2023, Patent star 2023, top 250 Women in IP.
Florence co-heads NautaDutilh's life sciences sector team and is a member of the European Patent Lawyers Association (EPLAW), Licensing Executive Society (LES), International Trademark Association (INTA), the European Food Law Association (EFLA) and the Beneluxvereniging voor Merken- en Modellenrecht (BMM). She also serves on the INTA Bulletin Committee and the editorial board of the BMM Bulletin, the leading Benelux journal for trademarks and designs. Florence publishes and speaks regularly on selected IP-related topics.