Anne Marie Verschuur, who heads NautaDutilh's Dutch IP group, has extensive experience in litigating and advising in the area of intellectual property law. Her clients include national and international corporations active in a variety of industries such as tech, life sciences and consumer goods (in particular food, clothing and luxury goods). She assists her clients in e.g. trademark, patent, trade secret, design and copyright disputes, as well as in IP-driven transactions.
Anne Marie is an active member of several associations including the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI, in which Anne Marie serves as a member of the international board as Reporter General), HollandBIO, the International Trademark Association (INTA) (Anne Marie is a member of its Non-Traditional Marks Committee), the European Patent Lawyers Association (EPLAW), and the Dutch Association of Intellectual Property Litigators (VIEPA). She is the co-editor and co-author of the main Dutch IP handbook and is a member of the editorial staff of a national IP journal. Anne Marie is a guest lecturer in patent law at Amsterdam VU University.
What others say
- The Legal 500 already mentions "experienced IP litigator" Anne Marie for years including in the 2022 editions for trademarks, patents and life sciences.
- Chambers also lists Anne Marie and writes (2022): "the team is 'very good at communicating' (…) 'everything is clear, the lawyers reply very quickly and they explain the particulars of Dutch litigation'".
- Patent directory IAM 1000 (2021) states: "Anne Marie Verschuur, (…) ‘belongs in the top tier of Dutch litigators. She has a great strategic grip on the cases she runs and has a great eye for detail’".
- WTR 1000 (2022) writes that Anne Marie “is calm and collected under pressure but still a formidable force in the courtroom. Her approach is thorough and her client service exceptional".
- JUVE (2021) writes: "It is mainly thanks to the excellent reputation of frontwoman Anne Marie Verschuur that the team makes itself a candidate for [handling cross-border cases in cooperation with other national IP boutiques or teams from national full-service firms] time and again".
- Anne Marie is furthermore included in several other directories including MIP’s Top 250 women in IP (2022), MIP's IP Stars for trademark law (2022), Who's Who Legal Patents (2021) and Who's Who Legal Trademarks (2021).
More about Anne Marie
Anne Marie graduated from Utrecht University with master's degrees in both law and history. Her period of study included six months at Warwick University in the UK. In 2002, she obtained a master's degree in law from Duke University in the USA, before joining NautaDutilh the next year.