Anne Marie Verschuur, who heads NautaDutilh's Dutch IP group, has extensive experience in litigating and advising in the area of intellectual property law. Her clients include national and international corporations active in a variety of industries such as tech, life sciences and consumer goods (in particular food, clothing and luxury goods). She assists her clients in e.g. trademark, patent, trade secret, design and copyright disputes, as well as in IP-driven transactions.
Anne Marie is an active member of several associations including the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI, in which Anne Marie serves as a member of the international board as Reporter General), HollandBIO, the International Trademark Association (INTA) (Anne Marie is a member of its Non-Traditional Marks Committee), the European Patent Lawyers Association (EPLAW), and the Dutch Association of Intellectual Property Litigators (VIEPA). She is the co-editor and co-author of the main Dutch IP handbook and is a member of the editorial staff of a national IP journal.
What others say
- The Legal 500 already mentions Anne Marie for years including in the 2021 editions for trademarks, patents and life sciences and writes: "Highly respected for the depth of her expertise, both in litigation and transactional mandates, Anne Marie Verschuur heads NautaDutilh’s IP/IT group (…)".
- Chambers (2020) writes that she is "an ‘excellent lawyer,’ according to sources who pick her out as impressive in IP mandates. (…)".
- Patent directory IAM 1000 (2021) states: "Anne Marie Verschuur, (…) ‘belongs in the top tier of Dutch litigators. She has a great strategic grip on the cases she runs and has a great eye for detail’".
- WTR 1000 (2021) writes: "Bringing her strategic eye to this matter, Anne Marie Verschuur makes a well-deserved move into the gold tier this year. Verschuur is ‘a strong litigator with a great academic mind and the ability to formulate tight arguments’.”
- Anne Marie is furthermore included in several other directories including MIP’s Top 250 women in IP (2021), Who's Who Legal Trademarks (2021), Who's Who Legal Patents (2021), MIP's IP Stars for trademark law (2021) and JUVE (2020).
More about Anne Marie
Anne Marie graduated from Utrecht University with master's degrees in both law and history. Her period of study included six months at Warwick University in the UK. In 2002, she obtained a master's degree in law from Duke University in the USA, before joining NautaDutilh the next year.