Anne Marie Verschuur, who heads NautaDutilh's Dutch IP group, has extensive experience in litigating and advising in the area of intellectual property law. Her clients include national and international corporations active in a variety of industries such as consumer goods (in particular food, clothing and luxury goods) and life sciences. She assists her clients in e.g. trademark, patent, design, trade secret and copyright disputes, as well as in IP-driven transactions.
Anne Marie is an active member of several associations including the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI, in which Anne Marie serves as a member of the international board as Reporter General), HollandBIO, the International Trademark Association (INTA) (Anne Marie is a member in its Emerging Issues Committee), the European Patent Lawyers Association (EPLAW), and the Dutch Association of Intellectual Property Litigators (VIEPA). She is the co-editor and co-author of the main Dutch IP handbook and is a member of the editorial staff of a national IP journal.
What others say
- The Legal 500 already mentions Anne Marie for years including in the 2020 editions for trademarks, patents and life sciences and writes: "Practice head Anne Marie Verschuur has extensive experience in litigating and advising on intellectual property rights and is a key individual involved in the multi-jurisdictional trade mark litigation case defending GSK against Sandoz (…)".
- Chambers (2020) writes that she is "an ‘excellent lawyer,’ according to sources who pick her out as impressive in IP mandates. She acts for clients on contentious matters relating to trade marks, copyright and unfair commercial practices".
- Patent directory IAM 1000 (2020) states: "a veritable encyclopaedia on all aspects of intellectual property, captain of the Dutch IP group Anne Marie Verschuur is a diligent lawyer who utilises her broad IP toolkit to drive the right results for clients; cross-border disputes are a forte".
- WTR 1000 (2021) writes: "Bringing her strategic eye to this matter, Anne Marie Verschuur makes a well-deserved move into the gold tier this year. Verschuur is ‘a strong litigator with a great academic mind and the ability to formulate tight arguments’.”
- Anne Marie is furthermore included in several other directories including Who's Who Legal Trademarks (2020), Who's Who Legal Patents (2020), MIP's IP Stars for trademark law (2020) and JUVE (2020).
More about Anne Marie
Anne Marie graduated from Utrecht University with master's degrees in both law and history. Her period of study included six months at Warwick University in the UK. In 2002, she obtained a master's degree in law from Duke University in the USA, before joining NautaDutilh the next year.