David Viëtor specialises in advising financial institutions, private equity houses, debt investors and corporate clients in all types of domestic and international financing transactions. His main areas of expertise relate to acquisition finance, restructurings, par and distressed transactions, general corporate loans and structured finance transactions.
- Chambers Europe and Chambers Global ranked David as Band 3 in Banking & Finance in 2021.
- IFLR1000 ranked David as 'Highly regarded' in 2021. With clients calling him "He is good to have on transactions." and "He tries to build bridges rather than stoke fires".
- Chambers and Partners 2017: "Clients consider him to be the first port of call for all Dutch matters" and "he is very user-friendly, experienced and proactive".
- Legal500 2017: "David Viёtor heads the ‘fantastic’ team at NautaDutilh, which gives ‘practical and to-the-point advice’ and has ‘deep familiarity with products across banking and acquisition financing’."
- Chambers and Partners 2016 says about David: David Viëtor is a "great listener, who tries to create a win-win situation for everyone. He's always available, day and night" and "He is commercial and very practical".
- Chambers and Partners 2015: "He is diligent and accurate, and understands banks and their products" say clients, who also appreciate his "responsive and commercial" approach."
- IFLR 2014 says about David: "commercial, extremely responsive and very user friendly”.
- Chambers and Partners 2014: "David Viëtor climbs the rankings thanks to impressive feedback. Clients report: "He's excellent. He is responsive and very commercial - I like working with him a lot. He stands out as a practitioner.”
David joined NautaDutilh in 1996 and was named a partner in 2005. He wrote the Netherlands chapter of the 'International Acquisition Finance: Law and Practice', published by Oxford University Press (2nd edition 2010). Between 2005 and 2009, David was based in NautaDutilh's London office.
David is a member of the NautaDutilh Benelux Restructuring & Insolvency Team.