Dewi Walian is an attorney-at-law (senior associate) at NautaDutilh's Amsterdam office, where she combines both her experiences in the field of Capital Markets (debt and equity) and Finance.
Previously, Dewi spent two years (2015-2016) of her career at the London office of NautaDutilh which gave her the opportunity to further strengthen her broad experience with top-tier international deals and the ins and outs of the capital markets. In 2013, Dewi was seconded at the Legal Financial Markets team of Rabobank.
In June 2015 Dewi was awarded the third place on the list of the Best Young Professionals Law Top 50, identifying the most promising young Dutch lawyers, and was the highest scoring woman on the list.
Dewi's recent representative transactions include assisting:
- IHS, a market-leading independent telecommunications tower infrastructure company, with a major issue of USD 1.3 billion high yield Senior Notes (September 2019)
- de Volksbank with its successful first Green Bond issue of EUR 500 million (September 2019)
- one of the bidders in the take-over process of Dutch insurance company Vivat (June 2019)
- J.P. Morgan in relation to a EUR 250 million senior secured notes issue of the Radisson Hotel Group (July 2018)
- Unibail Rodamco in connection with its EUR 21 billion acquisition of Westfield and the admission to listing of the stapled securities on Euronext Amsterdam (June 2018)
- ENEL with its EUR 10 billion revolving loan from 38 banks, amongst which Banca IMI, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citigroup, Commerzbank, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, Crédit Agricole, HSBC, ING, J.P. Morgan, Mediobanca, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, RBS, Santander and UniCredit (December 2017)
- the underwriters Cowen and Company, Piper Jaffray & Co, JMP Securities and Wedbush PacGrow with the NASDAQ IPO of Argenx, already listed on the Brussels Stock Exchange with a market cap of EUR 317 million and one of the biggest public biotechs in each European country, and Argenx's subsequent equity offering ad USD 231 million (May and December 2017)
- among others, Goldman Sachs Bank USA, HSBC Bank plc and UniCredit Bank A.G., London Branch as Mandated Lead Arrangers in connection with the EUR 750 million senior facilities agreement dated 30 September 2016, between, among others, TMF Group Holding B.V. as Company and TMF Curacao N.V. as one of the Guarantors (September 2016)
- ASR Nederland, a major Dutch insurer, in connection with its IPO on Euronext Amsterdam (June 2016)
- NASDAQ listed Mylan, a leading global pharmaceutical company, in its USD 9 billion public offer for Meda and multiple Rule 144A/RegS bond offerings (June 2016)
- Core Laboratories, one of the largest service providers of core and fluid analysis in the petroleum industry, with its NYSE USD 197,8 million equity offering (May 2016)
- DTEK, being the first European issuer of high yield notes in the European high yield market to change the governing law of a New York law governed indenture to English law, with its successful English law scheme of arrangement (May 2015)
- with setting up and updating various significant parties' structured products programmes, debt issuance programmes, euro medium term notes programmes and commercial paper programmes, including for leading public sector banks in the Netherlands (amongst which NWB and BNG) (since 2011)
- International Women Leadership Programme 2019 by OSR
- Grotius Academy 2017 (post academic specialisation course Securities Laws)
- CBL International Dubai Law School 2011 (Islamic Banking and Business)
- University of Hong Kong 2010 (Commercial Law), for which Dewi received the prestigious Grotius Academie Scholarship
- University of Amsterdam 2010 (Civil Law with a strong focus on Corporate Law)