Stefan Wissing is a partner in NautaDutilh's Corporate / M&A group. His practice focuses on public M&A and complex cross-border transactions. He also advises on private acquisitions and disposals, joint-ventures, corporate restructurings, IPOs, anti-takeover defences and shareholders activism and general corporate governance matters.
Selected representations include:
- A consortium of Allianz Capital Partners, OMERS Infrastructure and AXA IM-Real Assets in its €1.8 billion acquisition of a 49.99% equity stake in Altice France's fiber to the home business in France
- Unibail-Rodamco in its €21 billion acquisition of Westfield and the subsequent listing of stapled securities in the business combination
- McDermott International in its $6.1 billion combination with Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
- Thales in its €4.6 billion offer for Gemalto
- Thermo Fisher Scientific in its $7.2 billion acquisition of Patheon
- Groupe Casino on various transactions including the cross-border spin-off and IPO of its e-commerce business (Cnova), the sale of Casino's stake in big C Thailand for € 3.4 billion and the sale of Big C Vietnam for € 1 billion
- Mylan in its $26 billion takeover bid for Perrigo and its defense against Teva's $40 billion takeover bid
- IPO of Basic-Fit
- the supervisory board of Eneco Groep in the privatisation of Eneco
- Krauss-Maffei Wegmann and Nexter Systems in forming a European defense giant in military land defense through a newly incorporated Dutch N.V. held 50-50 by the German Wegmann Family and the French State
- Campofrio Food Group in its acquisition of the remaining 51% of Caroli Foods Group
- Cygne in the sale of its remaining49% equity stake in Nidera to COFCO Corporation
- Belspeed in its acquisition of TNT Fashion Group (as part of a consortium together with Netlog Logistics Group)
- UniCarriers Europe in its acquisition of Crepa Group
Stefan has additional experience of working in the US following a secondment in 2016-2017 as a visiting attorney to Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz in New York, where he was inter alia part of the teams advising CR Bard in its $24 billion acquisition by BD and Harman in its $8 billion acquisition by Samsung. He was also a finalist for the Best Young M&A Talent Award 2017.
Stefan received a BSc from Delft University of Technology, an LLB from Leiden University and an LLM from VU University Amsterdam, each with highest honors.