Stefan Wissing is a partner in NautaDutilh's Corporate / M&A group. His practice focuses on public M&A deals and complex international transactions. He also advises on private acquisitions and sales, joint ventures, restructurings, IPOs, anti-takeover measures and shareholder activism and general corporate governance issues.
Representations by Stefan include:
- Patrick Drahi in the take-private of Altice Europe in €3 billion buyout
- Banijay Group in its acquisition of Endemol Shine Group
- The Peugeot family, as major shareholder of Peugeot's Groupe PSA, in PSA's merger of equals with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- HAL in the € 5.5 billion sale of its 76.72% stake in GrandVision to EssilorLuxottica
- A consortium of Allianz Capital Partners, OMERS Infrastructure and AXA IM-Real Assets in its €1.8 billion acquisition of a 49.99% equity stake in Altice France's fiber to the home business in France
- Unibail-Rodamco in its €21 billion acquisition of Westfield and the subsequent listing of stapled securities in the business combination
- McDermott International in its $6.1 billion combination with Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
- Thales in its €4.6 billion offer for Gemalto
- Thermo Fisher Scientific in its €11.3 billion takeover bid for Qiagen and its $7.2 billion acquisition of Patheon
- Groupe Casino on various transactions including the cross-border spin-off and IPO of its e-commerce business (Cnova), the sale of Casino's stake in big C Thailand for € 3.4 billion and the sale of Big C Vietnam for € 1 billion
- Mylan in its $26 billion takeover bid for Perrigo and its defense against Teva's $40 billion takeover bid
- the supervisory board of Eneco Groep in the privatisation of Eneco
- Krauss-Maffei Wegmann and Nexter Systems in forming a European defense giant in military land defense through a newly incorporated Dutch N.V. held 50-50 by the German Wegmann Family and the French State
- Campofrio Food Group in its acquisition of the remaining 51% of Caroli Foods Group
- Cygne in the sale of its remaining 49% equity stake in Nidera to COFCO Corporation
What others say
Stefan is ranked No. 1 in MergerLinks' list of Top M&A Lawyers in the Netherlands (FY 2020). He is rated as "Notable practitioner" in the 2021 and 2020 editions of the IFLR1000. Stefan was also a finalist for the Best Young M&A Talent Award 2017.
More about Stefan
In 2016-2017, Stefan gained U.S. work experience as a visiting attorney at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz in New York, where he was part of, amongst others, the team that advised CR Bard in the $24 billion acquisition by BD and the team that advised Harman in the $8 billion acquisition by Samsung.
Stefan received a BSc from Delft University of Technology, an LLB from Leiden University and an LLM from VU Amsterdam, each with highest honors.