Robert Woudenberg is a lawyer at the Restructuring & Insolvency practice at the London office (admitted to the Amsterdam bar). He puts his experience as an M&A lawyer and at NautaDutilh’s Amsterdam and Luxembourg offices into practice in large national distressed debt cases and cross-border restructurings. Robert is also involved in many of the firm's corporate and insolvency related litigation.
Representative transactions include:
- ADO Den Haag - advising the Dutch premier league football club on disputes with its shareholder and on general corporate and licensing matters;
- OSX - advising the bondholders of the Dutch OSX-companies on matters relating to the worldwide restructuring of the group;
- Royal Van Zanten - advising management and supervisory board on its successful restructuring through a sale of the shares in the company;
- Lehman Brothers - advising a noteholder in court proceedings against the liquidators of a Lehman Brothers subsidiary in the Netherlands;
- Floresteca - advising the largest investor in relation to the court-ordered restructuring of the group and composition offered by it to the creditors.
Robert joined the firm in 2011, after graduating cum laude from the University of Groningen in the same year (European Law School as well as International and European Law). In addition, he studied American Law, International Trade Law & Antitrust at the University of Wisconsin, Madison (USA); Finance at Nyenrode Business University and completed the post-graduate INSOLAD/Grotius course on Insolvency law.