Robert Woudenberg is a lawyer specialised in restructuring and insolvency matters at the Amsterdam office, with a particular focus on cross-border corporate structuring, distressed debt investments and debt-for-equity transactions. He has worked on numerous transactions as a corporate mergers & acquisitions lawyer from the Amsterdam and Luxembourg offices of NautaDutilh and gained broad experience in financing transactions and special situation opportunities during his stay at the London office. Given his expertise, Robert is also involved in many of the firm's corporate and insolvency related litigation.
Recent matters that Robert worked on include:
- Selecta - advising the noteholders and lenders on the recapitalisation of the Selecta group, which was implemented through a scheme of arrangement procedure under the U.K. Companies Act 2006 at the High Court in London;
- Curaeos - advising the senior lenders on the financial restructuring of Curaeos, a network of dental clinics and labs in continental Europe;
- Royal IHC - advising a syndicate of banks in the restructuring of the Royal IHC group;
- Royal Van Zanten - advising management and supervisory board on its successful restructuring through a sale of the shares in the company;
- Floresteca - advising the largest investor in relation to the court-ordered restructuring of the group and composition offered by it to the creditors.
Robert is a member of the NautaDutilh R&I team, and has advised and litigated on aspects of Dutch law in relation to the insolvencies of Slotervaart Hospital, PaperlinX, McGregor, Lehman Brothers, Imtech, FNG, Parex, SecurCash, Macintosh Retail Group and others. Other cases he has been involved in include the restructurings of Eurocommerce, Schoenenreus, OSX and DTEK.
Robert regularly presents internal and external courses and workshops on insolvency matters, including on the "Dutch Scheme" (formally known as the Act on the Confirmation of an Extrajudicial Restructuring Plan or WHOA after its Dutch acronym Wet Homologatie Onderhands Akkoord).
He is a member of INSOL Europe, the Dutch Association of Insolvency Lawyers (Insolad), the Dutch Corporate Litigation Association (Vereniging Corporate Litigation), the Dutch Civil Law Association (Vereniging Burgerlijk Recht), and the Dutch Trade Law Association (Vereeniging Handelsrecht).
Robert joined the firm in 2011, after graduating cum laude from the University of Groningen in the same year. In addition, he studied American Law, International Trade Law & Antitrust at the University of Wisconsin, Madison (USA); Finance at Nyenrode Business University and completed the post-graduate INSOLAD/Grotius course on Insolvency law.