Petra Zijp, graduated from Amsterdam University in 1992 (English and Italian) and in 1994 (Law) and joined NautaDutilh in 1995. In 1999 and 2000 she was based in the London office, after which she returned to the Amsterdam office at the beginning of 2001. She became a partner of NautaDutilh in 2002. At present, she is managing partner of our firm, leads NautaDutilh’s Capital Markets Group and is active in the firm's Investment Management Group. She has acted as special Dutch counsel to companies, underwriters and investors in a variety of public and private equity and debt offerings and listings on Euronext Amsterdam and abroad (New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq National Market) of both Dutch and foreign stock.
Recent highlights in which she had a leading role include:
- her work for AP Alternative Assets, in connection with the IPO of Athene, a leading retirement services company, through its subsidiaries, that issues, reinsures and acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement needs, on the New York Stock Exchange. AP Alternative Assets is the largest shareholder of Athene and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam (December 2016);
- her work for ASR, a Dutch insurer acquired by the Dutch State during the turmoil on the financial markets in 2008, in connection with its IPO on Euronext Amsterdam (June 2016);
- her work for Delta Lloyd in connection with its broader plan of management actions and capital measures to ensure Delta Lloyd's solvency position is strengthened as it transitions into the new Solvency II regime, which included i) a EUR 650 million rights issue which rights are traded on Euronext Amsterdam and Euronext Brussels (March 2016), and ii) a marketed offering of its stake in Van Lanschot, the oldest independent private bank of the Netherlands, resulting in approximately EUR 198 million in proceeds (June 2016);
- her work for Coca-Cola Enterprises in connection with the first admission to listing and trading of Coca-Cola European Partners on Euronext Amsterdam, Euronext London and several Spanish stock exchanges (May 2016);
- her work for ForFarmers, an internationally active company in the area of conventional and organic feed solutions for stock-farming and a market leader in Europe, in connection with its first admission to listing and trading on Euronext Amsterdam (May 2016);
- her work for Sif, a leading manufacturer of large steel tubulars which are used as foundation components for the offshore wind and offshore oil and gas markets, and its main shareholder Egeria Capital B.V. in connection with Sif's IPO on Euronext Amsterdam (May 2016);
- her work for Mylan in connection with the inversion and IPO, followed by the secondary public offering of a substantial part of the ordinary shares in Mylan (IPO: 27 February 2015 Secondary offering: 6 April 2015 and closing of green shoe on 10 April 2015);
- her work for Cnova N.V. in connection with the creation of Cnova N.V., a major global e-commerce pure-player, and the IPO of that company on NASDAQ (November 2014) and the listing on Euronext Paris (January 2015); and
- her work for the Reference Shareholders Group in the IPO of Euronext N.V. (April 2014).
Petra has been identified as a highly recommended Equity Capital Markets practitioner in the Netherlands in the Practical Law Company’s Yearbook. She is also recommended in the Legal 500 Series for Capital Markets and named by the International Financial Law Review 1000 as one of the world’s leading lawyers in the Equity Capital Markets. She was active as co-chair of the Capital Markets Forum of the International Bar Association and is a member of the Dutch Association of Securities Law (Vereniging voor Effectenrecht). Petra is the only non-Anglo-American lawyer to be nominated (in 2012, 2013 and 2016) for the European Women in Business Law Award Capital Markets, in the category Debt.
Quotes of clients in the Chambers, Legal 500 and IFLR 2016:
"The 'outstanding', 'extremely knowledgeable' Petra Zijp leads NautaDutilh's department."
"Petra Zijp is thorough and pragmatic She is strategic and efficient when it comes to setting up new structures and always delivers on time."
"She is a very nice person, and she is very good. I like to work with her."