Track record Insurance & Liability
Among our clients rank insurers, reinsurers, insurance brokers, trade associations, and (inter)national corporations. A selection of examples where our expertise has been of service.
- Representing Dutch/British insurers in a case involving US asbestos claims exceeding 1 billion USD under a liability policy;
- Successful defence conducted for BAT in the Netherlands’ first tobacco case;
- Successful defence conducted for a cosmetics manufacturer in a case involving EUR 14 million claimed in damages on account of alleged product defects;
- Assistance with various EU wide (silent) recalls in the area of product and food deficiency;
- On behalf of fire insurers: advice in relation to the destruction by fire of Philips’ Semiconductors manufacturing plant in Caen (France) in December 2003;
- On behalf of various leading insurance companies: advice on investment insurance products impacting several million consumers in the Netherlands;
- Advice and legal representation in a dispute between insurers and reinsurers after the collapse of a salt mine in Retsof (US);
- Advice on insurance issues after the May 2008 fire at the [Architecture] Faculty of the Technical University of Delft, the Netherlands;
- Advice to various brokers and insurers with respect to changes in the remuneration and distribution structure;
- Advice on Credit finance insurance policies valued at more than EUR 1 billion;
- On behalf of Dutch/British D&O insurers; handling policy claims lodged by unsecured creditors under the liquidation process of LyondellBasell Industries, Chapter 11.