A day in the life of a lawyer
VRG Leuven - 27 October: Interested? Click here to sign up and for more information.
B2S Antwerpen - 29 October: Interested? Click here to sign up and for more information.
Do you have questions about getting started in the legal profession and joining a law firm? You bring the questions, we bring the lawyers during our presentation 'A day in the life of a lawyer'! This presentation will be given virtually!
- How do I apply to a firm?
- What questions should I ask during my first interview?
- How is a large firm structured?
- What are the relations between partners, associates, etc.?
- What specific rules should I be aware of (e.g. ethics rules, duty of professional responsibility, etc.)?
- What is a day at the office like?
- Where can I buy a gown?
- How do I set myself up as self-employed professional (insurance, pension, etc.)?
Job fairs 2020 - 2021
You can meet us at upcoming job fairs:
- UGent - 5 November 2020 (Online)
- VUB - 9 November 2020 (Online)
- ULB - 16 November 2020
- KUL - 16 November 2020
- UAntwerpen - 17 November 2020
- UCL - 25 November 2020
- UHasselt - to be confirmed
Meet & Greet - 17 November 2020
Virtual first introduction with our office & lawyers for students who are graduating this year and looking to start a traineeship. Send an e-mail to email@example.com with your CV, a cover letter and a transcript of your grades and maybe you'll get invited.
Summer Student Speed Dating - 26 November 2020
Are you interested in a summer internship at our office? Come and meet the team during our speed dating event. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a cover letter and a transcript of your grades and maybe you'll get invited.
Pleading Skills workshop (written & oral) (dates to be determined)
Would you like to improve your oral pleading skills and learn courtroom do's and don'ts, how to best prepare for oral arguments and what to say (and not to say) before a judge? These and many other topics will be addressed at our pleading skills workshop, presented by lawyers from our litigation department. Keep an eye on our Facebook page for this upcoming event.
Moot Court Competition - 2020 (date to be determined)
For more information, click here. Would you like to participate? Contact your local VRG or Elsa!