NautaDutilh has the largest team in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg for national and international financing projects. We are at the forefront of highly complex, one-off financing deals and we are a major player in the field of mainstream financing transactions.
Thanks to our very extensive track record, we understand what our clients want, and we combine our in-depth knowledge of current market practices with efficient transaction management. Our experience from the perspective of both lenders and borrowers enables us to investigate a proposed deal from the viewpoint of both parties. We are pragmatic and innovative, and we understand perfectly that the complexity of every transaction is unique.
Sound judgment and optimal results for clients
We are experienced in documenting and negotiating LMA-based and other credit agreements, security documents, intercreditor agreements and other legal documents used in financing transactions. Our track record in managing complex deals demonstrates our sound judgement and our ability to devise solutions that maximise results for our clients. We understand that routine matters may require a simple yet effective approach and as such , we are also the market leader in automating standard financing and security documentation for banks.
We work regularly on Dutch, Belgian, Luxembourg or Netherlands-Antillean transactions for major banks such as ABN AMRO Bank, ING Bank, Rabobank, BB & T, Deutsche Bank, Bank of America, NA, Merrill Lynch and The Royal Bank of Scotland.
Our Financing expertises
We represent investors such as NPM Capital, HAL Investments, Apollo Management, Lion Capital, real estate investors such as CBRE Global Investors, The Prudential Insurance Company of America and (investment) companies such as VastNed Retail NV, Nokia-Siemens Networks BV, AerCap Holdings NV, NV Deli Maatschappij, Mediq, BDR Thermea, ForFarmers, Dockwise and Damen Shipyards.
What others say
- NautaDutilh advised ING on the restructuring of the transaction between ING and the Dutch government, whereby the credit risk of a mortgage-backed USA government bonds portfolio was transferred to the Dutch State.
- NautaDutilh advised Japan Bank for International Cooperation, Nippon Export and Investment Insurance (JIBC) and a number of commercial credit providers in regard to finance in the amount of USD 1.5 billion extended by JBIC and the commercial credit providers to Petroleos de Venezuela SA, a Venezuelan state-owned oil company, in connection with two oil projects: the Puerto La Cruz Refinery Deep Conversion Project, organised by Mitsubishi Corporation, and the El Palito Refinery Expansion Project organised by the Itochu Corporation.
- NautaDutilh advised Deli group in the capacity of lead counsel and as its Dutch and Belgium counsel in connection with a EUR 210 million debt restructuring deal.
- NautaDutilh acted as lead counsel for Rabobank, ING, ABN AMRO, Deutsche Bank and BNP Paribas in connection with a € 900 million financing project for IHC Merwede, a specialised international shipyard.
- NautaDutilh acted as the Dutch adviser for Charterhouse group in connection with the financing of the takeover of Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing (BvD), company information and business intelligence.
- NautaDutilh acted as adviser for ABN Amro and Rabobank in the refinancing of the takeover of Doedijns by IK Investment and the takeover by Doedijns of Singapore-based Wilmax International.
- NautaDutilh advised a consortium of banks consisting of N.V. Bank Nederlandse Gemeenten (as agent and coordinator), ING Bank N.V., Coöperatieve Rabobank Amsterdam U.A. and Coöperatieve Centrale Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank B.A., in regard to the financing of a new to be constructed building, purchase of equipment, operating capital facility and existing project facilities for the Academic Medical Centre (University of Amsterdam).