Huib Verhaar specializes in corporate and commercial litigation. He has handled a wide variety of disputes, such as liability suits related to breach of contract or tort, director's liability, disputes related to mergers and acquisitions and conflicts between shareholders.
His in-depth experience covers dispute resolution of any type and in all kinds of venues. He has acted as counsel in:
- Dutch courts, including before the Enterprise Chamber
- the Aruban court
- national and international arbitrations
- mediation & binding advice proceedings.
Huib Verhaar also has broad experience with complex Requests under Dutch procedural law, such as:
- the revocation of a resolution regarding the dissolution of a legal entity
- the enforcement of a pledge over shares
- ranking proceedings regarding the distribution of enforcement proceeds.
Huib graduated from Erasmus University Rotterdam in 2004, having previously obtained his master's degree in economics at the same university. He joined NautaDutilh as a lawyer in August 2004. Huib has successfully completed the Grotius postgraduate programme 'Company & Liability'.