Belgian track record Taxation
- In co-operation with the American law firm Bingham McCutchen, NautaDutilh assisted Prudential Investment in drafting and negotiating documentation for a transaction worth over EUR 100 million in a private shelf facility agreement for financing a Belgian company in the food processing industry. Working with our corporate finance colleagues, we prepared advice on taxation and financial law aspects.
- In co-operation with the American law firm Cravath Swaine & Moore, NautaDutilh assisted Gruppo Modelo with Belgian tax advice in the context of AB InBev’s takeover bid for Gruppo Modelo.
- Working with the French law firm Gide Loyrette Nouel, we regularly handle issues concerning securitisation dossiers.
- NautaDutilh has been a longstanding adviser to Hugo Boss in regard to various cases relating to direct and indirect taxation for the company’s Belgian operating companies, including the returns for Belgian corporation tax and VAT. We have also handled various ruling requests for the group including those referring to transfer pricing.
- NautaDutilh has been a trusted adviser to the Belgian listed real-estate investment trust Cofinimmo on various legal matters for many years. Recent work by our Belgian taxation group consisted of the drafting and review of taxation aspects of share issue prospectuses and the drafting of legal opinions. We also work regularly with real-estate investment fund Befimmo.
- We acted for Solystic (a company belonging to the Northrop Grumman group) in a cross-border merger. QBE (the biggest Australian insurance and reinsurance group) recently called on our services for the same reason.
- We regularly handle questions for the Thales Group, specialised in space, telecommunications, defence and security.
- Global Asset Capital is a private equity company based in Palo Alto, California (US), with interests in venture capital, structured finance and real estate. The company also invests in the telecommunications, media and technology sectors as well as in specialty finance and real estate. NautaDutilh advises Global Asset Capital on corporate law, construction law and tax law.
- We assisted the insurance group Euler Hermes with due diligence work relating to the pre-acquisition phase of high-end real estate in Brussels.