Nicolas de Crombrugghe is a partner in the Corporate & Finance department and specialises in corporate/M&A, capital markets and stock exchange matters. He has many years of experience assisting corporates and financial institutions with all aspects of company law and securities law.
Some of Nicolas' transactions include:
- Partnership between Parkwind and Sumitomo in the wind offshore sector
- € 280m NASDAQ IPO of Galapagos (biotech)
- € 430m take-over bid of Shire on Movetis (biotech)
- Exchange offer of Econocom for Osiatis (IT)
- € 285m public offering of shares by Cofinimmo (REIT)
- € 275m green certificates backed bond issue by Solar Chest
- numerous bonds offerings and convertible bonds offerings (acting for the issuers or financial institutions).
He received his law degree cum laude from the University of Leuven (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven) in 1998. In 1999, he received a post-graduate degree in international business law (LLM), with a focus on financial regulation and capital markets, from King’s College London. He was admitted to the Brussels Bar that same year.
Nicolas joined NautaDutilh's Corporate & Finance group in 1999. In 2003, he was seconded to the London office of Slaughter and May. He was named partner in 2014.
Nicolas is mentioned in several legal directories:
- In the 2022 edition of Chambers Europe 2022 Nicolas' 'strong practice focusing on a range of debt transactions, including bond offerings, as well as assisting with ECM matters, including the transfer of listings' is highlighted. A client enthuses about Nicolas being "constructive, helpful and very experienced".
- In the 2022 edition of The Legal 500 Nicolas received effuse praise from clients and is described as being ‘a very business oriented partner.'; 'Nicolas de Crombrugghe remains transaction after transaction perfectly informed regarding our group even after an increase of more than 200%. He knows exactly the details about our group. very impressive anticipation of our need.’; ‘Nicolas de Crombrugghe is a senior partner well introduced in the Brussels financial market. He helped us a lot for our contacts with FSMA and Euronext.’