Nicolas de Crombrugghe is a partner in the Corporate & Finance department and specialises in corporate/M&A, capital markets and stock exchange matters. He has many years of experience assisting corporates and financial institutions with all aspects of company law and securities law.
Some of Nicolas' transactions include:
• Partnership between Parkwind and Sumitomo in the wind offshore sector
• € 280m NASDAQ IPO of Galapagos (biotech)
• € 430m take-over bid of Shire on Movetis (biotech)
• Exchange offer of Econocom for Osiatis (IT)
• € 285m public offering of shares by Cofinimmo (REIT)
• € 275m green certificates backed bond issue by Solar Chest
• numerous bonds offerings and convertible bonds offerings (acting for the issuers or financial institutions).
He received his law degree cum laude from the University of Leuven (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven) in 1998. In 1999, he received a post-graduate degree in international business law (LLM), with a focus on financial regulation and capital markets, from King’s College London. He was admitted to the Brussels Bar that same year.
Nicolas joined NautaDutilh's Corporate & Finance group in 1999 and was named partner in 2014. In 2003, he was seconded to the London office of Slaughter and May.