Jules van de Winckel is a candidate civil law notary at the Amsterdam office of NautaDutilh and is a partner in the corporate law practice group. Jules' practice revolves around a wide range of matters, including public and private M&A, IPOs, management and employee participations, joint ventures, (cross-border) mergers, demergers, corporate structuring and governance matters.
Representative matters include advising:
- Trivago N.V. on its $400 million NASDAQ IPO
- The sponsors on the announced Pegasus SPAC IPO on Euronext Amsterdam
- The underwriters on the €250 million ESG Core SPAC IPO on Euronext Amsterdam
- Mylan N.V. on its $26 billion offer for Perrigo and its $7.2 billion acquisition of Nasdaq Stockholm listed Meda AB
- Thermo Fisher on its $7 billion acquisition of NYSE listed Patheon N.V.
- Thales on its €4.75 billion acquisition of Euronext Amsterdam listed Gemalto N.V.
Private M&A / Private Equity
- Apax on its €260 million acquisition of Expereo from The Carlyle Group and its €550 million sale of Expereo to Vitruvian
- BC Partners on its €681 million acquisition of Synthon International Holding B.V.
- Advent on the $2.7 billion acquisition of Nielsen's Global Connect business
- Pfizer on the spin-off of its Consumer division and the spin-off of its Upjohn division
- Nouryon on the separation of its Industrial Chemicals and Salt Specialty businesses
More about Jules
Jules graduated from Utrecht University in 2010 and joined NautaDutilh in 2014. In the interim, Jules worked with another large Benelux law firm. In 2015, Jules graduated from the Corporate Law course at Grotius Academy from the Radboud Universiteit, Nijmegen. In 2017, Jules graduated from the Mergers & Acquisitions course at VU Law Academy from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
Jules is fluent in Dutch and English.