With over 25 years of deal experience, Petra is well versed in all kinds of transactions, market movements and special circumstances, and advises listed companies on corporate governance questions and disclosure issues resulting from market abuse rules.
Some of Petra's recent work highlights include assisting:
- Longstanding client a.s.r. with its accelerated bookbuild offering following the proposed business combination with Aegon Nederland.
- Triodos Bank with the listing of Triodos Bank's depository receipts on the MTF of Captin.
- The underwriters in the USD 700 million (approximately EUR 637 million) with capital raise of Argenx (the largest Euronext ABB of 2022).
- Ecumenical Development Cooperative Society U.A. (OIKOCREDIT) with the update of its share issuance programme. NautaDutilh has been involved with the update of this programme since 2020. In parallel, Petra assisted Stichting Oikocredit International Share Foundation with the update of its depository receipts issuance programme.
- de Volksbank with the issuance of EUR 500 million senior non-preferred notes.
- Longstanding client Petrobras, by means of its Dutch finance subsidiary Petrobras Global Finance B.V., with an abbreviated five-day tender offer for nineteen series of outstanding notes in April 2022 and again in July 2022 for twenty series of notes.
- ENEL Finance International N.V. (ENEL) with the update of its euro commercial paper (ECP) programme.
- GlaxoSmithKline with the establishment of its 10,000,000,000 Euro Medium Term Note Programme in 2022, by incorporating its Dutch health subsidiary GSK Consumer Healthcare Capital NL B.V. as an issuer under the programme and making the programme Dutch law compliant
- EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg AG and EnBW International Finance B.V. as issuers with the update of its EUR 10,000,000,000 Debt Issuance Programme.
- H&M (the issuer) as to Dutch law with the yearly update of their EUR 2,000,000,000 EMTN Programme
- FEMSA with its partial divestment of its stake in Heineken raising EUR 3.2 billion via an accelerated bookbuild offering and EUR 500 million via an exchangeable bond offering (largest European ABB in 2023).
Her work as Inclusion Partner
When taking office as managing partner, Petra set herself the goals of increasing the firm-wide commitment to D&I, giving shape to a 'one-firm' mentality across all offices and disciplines and recalibrating the firm's CSR focus to empowering the next generation, including the engagement of young professionals. Now, as Inclusion Partner Petra greatly contributes to furthering inclusion and diversity within NautaDutilh and the legal sector.
What others say
- "Petra Zijp is very committed, very hands-on and always available. I also appreciate the way she manages the relationship with Nauta's partner firms abroad on international transactions, so we can focus on our own tasks." Chambers Europe 2023
- "Petra Zijp is great. She is a very reassuring presence on Zoom calls."
The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- "Petra stands out with her excellent performance", "is very responsive, diligent and helpful" and "is an impressive capital markets lawyer and a formidable negotiator, a trusted adviser to Dutch companies and investment banks."
The Legal 500 EMEA & Chambers Europe 2021
- Petra is ranked 'Market Leader' in the area of Capital Markets by IFLR1000 since 2020.
- Petra has been identified as a highly recommended Equity Capital Markets practitioner in the Netherlands in the Practical Law Company’s Yearbook.
- She is also recommended in the Legal 500 Series for Capital Markets and named by the International Financial Law Review 1000 as one of the world’s leading lawyers in the Equity Capital Markets. She is active in the International Bar Association and is a member of the Dutch Association of Financial Law (Vereniging voor Financieel recht).
Petra graduated from Amsterdam University in 1992 (English and Italian) and in 1994 (Law) and joined NautaDutilh in 1995. In 1999 and 2000 she was based in the London office, after which she returned to the Amsterdam office at the beginning of 2001. She became a partner of NautaDutilh in 2002 and was managing partner of the firm from 2017 until 2022.