Your compliance is our concern. Compliance is vital for any business or financial institution. It essentially means complying with all applicable laws and regulations and internal policies. For example, with regard to corporate governance, conflicts of interest, insider trading, fraud and corruption, international trade sanctions, client due diligence (know you customer), data protection and privacy, reporting obligations, licenses and permits, competition, health, safety, security & environment (HSSE), and human rights. Our goal is to help clients achieve their operational, financial and strategic ambitions by ensuring compliance with rules, and promoting a culture that embeds ethical behaviour and integrity into their business.
Most companies have a tailor-made compliance programme in place. At NautaDutilh, we have many years of experience in working with clients to create, improve or review their compliance programmes.
From the perspective of prevention, it is important to ensure that all employees at all levels are aware of the importance of compliance and are familiar with the internal measures and compliance procedures. Effective information provision via internal communication channels and workshops is essential.
We can help you assess the compliance risks that your company may face and with internal monitoring and, where necessary, reporting and handling of any irregularities (see below). We offer customised solutions to your company, such as:
- due diligence investigations, audits and monitoring;
- codes of conduct, policy measures, notifications, questionnaires, contractual clauses, etc.; and
- company-specific compliance courses.
It is important to take appropriate remedial action to address any compliance issues and minimise their negative impact. In addition, effective support should be available in the event of any legal or other proceedings in the courts or before an administrative body. For many companies, it is of added value to entrust remedial actions and legal handling with a single legal adviser so that a full-service solution can be provided confidentially, quickly, and efficiently. Our experts can combine both aspects in order to arrive at an integrated approach.
Our compliance team can assist you with internal investigations, corrective actions, reviewing policies and procedures. The team can also assist you with civil, criminal or administrative proceedings.
NautaDutilh's Compliance Team
Our Corporate Crime team comprises twenty criminal lawyers, who are known for their pragmatic and hands-on approach. We have over twenty-five years of experience in financial and economic sanctions law and administrative law. Led by three of the firm’s female partners, the team also definitely promotes female leadership.
- Drawing up and advising on codes of conduct and other compliance procedures (e.g. anti-bribery, third-party due diligence, whistle-blowing schemes, data protection) for listed and other companies;
- Conducting compliance due diligence for M&A;
- Supporting financial institutions with disclosure and compliance issues related to money laundering and Know-Your-Customer (KYC) rules;
- Performing gap analyses with regard to compliance in various areas;
- Supporting financial institutions and companies in reviewing their corporate governance programmes;
- Assisting financial institutions in implementing instructions or orders (with daily default fines attached) issued by regulatory authorities;
- Acting for companies in legal proceedings relating to (tax) fraud, bribery, or money laundering;
- Providing customised compliance training programmes for financial institutions and (international) companies;
- Conducting internal investigations into potential irregularities.
Meet the team leadsSee the whole team
What others say
Our Compliance (Corporate Crime) team has been ranked Tier 1 in the Legal 500 for many years now.
- "An experienced and dedicated team who are serving the client efficiently and effectively with a strong focus on delivery." (Legal500 2020)
- "Constructive attitude, pragmatic thinking within the limits of the law, approachable and social." (Legal500 2020)
- "Energetic, well educated, eager, go the extra mile and strive to win! That combined with an easy way of communication and interaction with a customer." (Legal500 2020)