Olaf Baks is a senior associate in our Corporate M&A Department with a focus on Benelux and international mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buy-outs and corporate finance transactions for both financial investors, management teams and corporate clients. Olaf also advises clients in relation to general contractual and commercial issues as well as corporate governance matters.
In 2011 and 2012, Olaf worked in NautaDutilh’s London office and in 2017 and 2018 in NautaDutilh's New York office. Before specializing in merger and acquisitions, Olaf worked in the NautaDutilh Banking & Finance Department where he advised banks, financial institutions and corporate clients in domestic and international financing transactions and (financial) restructurings.
Representative experience includes advising:
- Smile Invest on its acquisition of a majority stake in Oldelft Ultrasound from Gimv;
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners on its acquisition of SK Firesafety from Apax Partners;
- SHV Holdings, a family-owned multinational, on the merger of their group company Dyas Holdings B.V. with Oranje-Nassau Energie B.V.;
- TA Associates and its portfolio company Insightsoftware with the acquisition of CXO software;
- The State of the Netherlands on the sale of Propertize, the previous real estate finance branch of SNS Bank
- Apollo Global Management on multiple transactions;
- Rabo Participaties on various minority stake investments and exits.
In 2017 Olaf completed the 'Mergers & Acquisitions' postgraduate specialization program at the VU University Amsterdam. In 2011 Olaf obtained a Master degree in corporate law (cum laude) at the VU University Amsterdam. In that same year he joined NautaDutilh and was admitted to the Amsterdam Bar.